Tuesday 5 November 2013

A delightful afternoon of baking the BEST banana muffins EVER (even if I do say so myself!)



So i've been meaning to post this recipe for about a week now, but with Halloween and Bonfire celebrations to be had, i've obviously had to postpone it a little. I was on annnual leave for four days last week, which left me with lots of spare time to do lovely things that I don't usually get the chance to do, such as baking! It has to be said that I absolutely love baking, nearly as much as I love cooking. In fact, to me there's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked cakes - mmm!

Anyway, here's the recipe I followed, which I found on www.yammiesnoshery.com. I must admit I was really sceptical about making these at first. The first thing I read was 'The Best Banana Muffins Ever {Without Dirtying a Single Dish}' and for some reason thought they probably weren't going to be that great straight away. However, when I took my first bite, I was ever so pleasantly surprised and I knew she wasn't kidding. The muffins were so moist, the texture was perfect and they just looked and smelt divine. These were in fact the best banana muffins I had ever made and I know I will never use another recipe for banana muffins other than this from now on.


The Best Banana Bread Muffins Ever
Makes about a dozen muffins

3 brown bananas (1 cup mashed)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour (I used gluten free flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil as I didn't have vegetable oil))
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Glaze (optional - I didn't use it because I didn't think they needed it but I bet it makes them super scrummy!):
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk or lemon juice

Method

(Make sure your oven is preheated to 190ÂșC).

1. Mash the bananas in a fairly large bowl and make sure you've got about one measuring cup full. Add the eggs and oil and mix well.

2. Add the sugar and mix well until combined.

3. Put in the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix all of the new ingredients a little on top before combining properly with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.

4. Add the vanilla extract and mix well. You should now have a very runny cake batter. 

5. Place muffins cases into a muffin tin if you have one and spoon the mixture into the cases making sure they're all relatively equal.

6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

7. Once they are cooked and out of the oven, put the muffins on a wire rack to cool before icing if you wish to do so.

8. If you are planning on icing the muffins, just mix together the icing sugar and milk or lemon juice and spread over the cooled muffins. Remember this should be quite runny as it is more of a glaze than proper cake icing.

Here are some photos of me actually baking the muffins.

















I highly suggest that you have a go at making these muffins as they really are delicious. 

I will also provide you with the link to the original blogpost on Yammie's Noshery, which you can find at http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/10/the-best-banana-bread-muffins-ever.html?m=1

Stay posted for more yummy recipes and beauty/fashion related posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment