Thursday 17 October 2013

Just a bit of rock to liven up an otherwise boring Wednesday evening.


As I write this blog post, I must confess that i'm curled up in bed all cosy because i've managed to catch the rotten lurgy from my boyfriend (let me tell you, flu-like symptoms are never good!) So after missing a day at work, I thought i'd make the most of my free time by at least updating my blog.

So here we go, last night (Wednesday 16th October) I ventured into Nottingham to their Capital FM Arena with my boyfriend to go and watch three amazing bands - Alter Bridge, Shinedown and Halestorm. It was the first night of their tour and we absolutely loved it. Being a rock/metal chick myself, I love being able to go to gigs/festivals to see my favey bands live - you feel like you have a stronger connection to the music you love by watching them so many feet away from you (how exciting!)

So first up, we heard Halestorm with the very gorgeous Lzzy Hale rocking out for the first half hour of the show. Then it was Shinedown who did an incredible set, as well as Alter Bridge who performed last. If you are lucky enough to have tickets for their upcoming shows, then you will NOT be disappointed at all. However, if you haven't, then I must ask - WHY THE HELL NOT?! They're great bands and you will enjoy it if you like their music because they all put on a great show (so make sure you support them and get tickets pronto!)

In December, my boyfriend and I are gallivanting off to Birmingham to see Avenged Sevenfold (quite possibly my favourite band ever!) along with Five Finger Death Punch and Device. Again, three amazing bands that we absolutely love - winner! This show is being held at the LG Arena in Birmingham which is luckily on the same area as the NEC, so i've managed to fit in going to the Clothes Show Live the next day. (Yay! - although much to my boyfriend's dismay i'm sure). Anyway, i'm rambling now so stay posted for more rock/metal posts as well as some very long overdue beauty posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment