Friday 9 August 2013

Today I made my 'Gluten Free Chunky Monkey Cookies'

So I absolutely love making my chunky monkey cookies. They're soft, gooey white choc chip cookies that I now make using gluten free flour since developing a slight intolerance to gluten.

Ingredients
 - 200g plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 125g castor sugar
- 125g margarine
- 150g white chocolate (add more if not using the cherries)
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 75g glacé cherries (I don't like these so I just use more chocolate - yummy!)

Method

1. Put flour, castor sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and mix well.

2. Rub in margarine until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.


3. Mix in the chopped cherries (optional) and chocolate pieces.

4. Mix to a stiff dough with a beaten egg and a little milk.


5. Place in tablespoon sized heaps on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.

6. Bake at 180ºc for 10 minutes.

7. Take out of the oven and place on a cooling rack.


Personal tip: I like to eat them when they're hot! They taste so delicious when they've just come out of the oven - super gooey and irresistable!


No comments:

Post a Comment